Thursday, October 14, 2004

first post since I can't get one on slashdot

So I'm just going to start this up because, well honestly, because it seems like the right time and a good idea. I wrote an email the other day to a friend with a funny description of my first response to a new video game (counter-strike source), and he said I needed a blog.

Needed a blog. I have an English degree. I write a lot, and as some people know, I am working on a book. I've written umpteen overly self-conscious short stories and a few poems. I'll save the details for later, but suffice to say that I enjoy writing. I may never publish, aside from this blog, but I will always write. So, when my friend told me I need a blog, well, I chuckled because the blog trend has been on my radar, but for some reason it always seemed something that other people do. Other people have fringe minded conspiracy blogs, political blogs, cooking blogs, red hot rolling hot rod blogs, blogs on frogs attracted to nightlights. The neat thing about the internet, though, is that tons of people read blogs on frogs, and sometimes they do it by nightlight.

Needed a blog. After he said it I fell into one of those star filled moments, those times when your brain gets all white and fuzzy as if it's afloat on a sea of ether. It occurred to me that not only could I put up things that, at the very least, my friends and family would enjoy, but I could use the blog as a great place to talk to myself about the strange things in life. I say: what better reason for a blog but to blather about bizarre happenstance, especially to yourself. It is the worst of reasons, of course, which makes it the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home