Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The Little Prick..er Prince

Le Petit Prince. I hated that book. I had to read that in french for class. It's basically a story about a man who meets a little twerp who lived on an asteroid and flew to earth. The man learns from the twerp what it is to be a kid again. Or something like that. I hated the book. I hated the whole gestalt of the book. It was soft and sticky and foofy. It lilted. It sighed. Don't get me wrong, I like the message. I like the idea. It was simply the style. It's like someone forcing a hillbilly headbanger to listen to harp music. It just doesn't jive.

And that little prissy punk. Agh! I wanted to smack him. Who lives on an asteroid with a tree? Get a life! Move to a 'hood with some people in it. Get *involved*.

So this entry on the blog is devoted to a warning. A sad day has come. A day of evil for all mankind. Some freaked out germans (why is it always germans?) are translating the book into 100 languages. Can I get a "Sacre bleu" from the audience. We're doomed. Little sheep everywhere.

Now Asterix! There's a proper work of literature.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

ah, well shit, i was just about to write a post with the Petit Prince as the theme. i guess i sort of liked that little prick. i must have a thing for little pricks or something.

8:57 PM  
Blogger moonfeather's flight said...

You ever see the Tick episode where Omnipitus, Devourer of Worlds eats the Little Prince's asteroid? Oh man. I cheered. I was jumping up and down with cheerios flying out of my mouth.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home