Friday, February 11, 2005

Captain's Log

Friday on vacation, end of week 1, Stumptown.

It has been long since I last wrote you from paradise. Lo, these long days have been replete with activity, with thought and with the blessings of hard work, and so it is on this final day of the work week that i have returned to the kind souls and sepia liquor that is a Stumptown Triple Latte.

I have to report on the spectacular nocturnal bicycle tour had last night by yours truly and one Tinrocket, a gentleman of superb character and strapping manhood. We pedaled throughout inner Portland well after the last light of the sun had graced the spires and walls of the city's majestic core, whispering next to the river and past the brewpubs only pausing our fluttering feet to snap photos of the light-fantastic over the water. After coffee in the chic neighborhood we headed home under the chill light of the stars. It was a truly refreshing evening...save the malevolent affect the saddle of my trusty metal steed had on my delicate derriere. Oh the blighting pain. Oh the ceaseless prying and probing. The very devil sat beneath me jabbing his bony curses into my hiney.

Being a short-distance bicycle commuter only, it is clear, after this, my longest ride, that some form of heavenly padding needs to be between me and the devil. Perhaps I can get my lovely fiancée to run beside me with her hands on my seat, hmm? Asking too much, I know, but when I look for angelic softness and a loving caress, should I look no further?

I think not. And you could not blame me, I assure you.

Until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home