Thursday, December 23, 2004

The Eve of Christmas Eve

A morning off, thanks be to Zod! I am sitting at Stumptown, the world's best coffee house. Of course they have wireless to go with their creamy rich brew. And of course, DEVO is playing over the boombox here. Ah, DEVO. What a great, but woefully misunderstood band.

Can I just take a moment to congratulate Stumptown on using the correct names for their drink sizes. I appreciate being able to order a drink and know what size I will get. Starbucks, on the other hand, with their Alice-in-Wonderland drink sizes, gets me all a-fluster on the odd day I am forced to buy from them. Tall, in Starbuckese, is small, and grande is medium, and venti (some perversion of the Italian for twenty?) is a 16 oz large. Follow the rabbit on that one and you'll end up loosing your head to the mock-coffee shop. Yuk yuk yuk.

A word about work before I sign off. We're just finishing off the last touches and everything looks to be working like a charm. I have had the privilege of working on some framework issues for the past few days, and for me this is very rewarding. Currently, the entire team waits in front of their computers because of a bottleneck (that i won't go into on this blog, hehe). I have been working hard on this for a few days, trying to break that problem out and fix it. If successful--and I think I was as of yesterday--the entire team will be able to move much quicker. What a boon. That's what i love about this job. I can dive into very complex, very interesting areas; I can improve them; and it all can provide real, tangible benefits to the group of people I sit next to. Sweet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope. You've got it a bit wrong. A hot VEnti is 20 oz...makes sense, right? The weird bit is that an iced Venti is 24 oz. No wrap your head around that, and the fact that tall and grande sizes are both the same ouncage whether hot or cold...hmmm...

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home